Is Ambrosia your real name?
- Yep, my full name is Ambrosia Star Tonkovich. Feel free to google it, you’ll find a lot of started but never finished projects and wordpress hosted websites that haven’t been touched since starting them.
How old are you?
- At the moment of writing this, I’m 23. I was born in July of 1987, so if I don’t update this, do the math yourself.
What is your nationality?
- I am Italian and Cherokee Indian. My mother’s side is the Cherokee side, we still have some land somewhere in Oklahoma, my father’s side is Italian. Tonkovich is a Croatian last name from my grandfather who adopted my dad. Ambrosia means ‘nectar of the gods’ and yes, I do get a lot of lame pick up attempts with this name and the people who know the meaning.
Why do you hate marriage and kids?
- I don’t hate them, I just never want them. There are some people who are great parents and good for them, but I could never be that way. Not to say I’m not a loving person, I am and have been told so often, but I do not make enough money for kids and honestly don’t think I ever will. Truth is, I’m selfish and would rather not bring a child into the world if I can’t raise it and care for it the way it should be raised. Some people see me as a bad person for that, I would just rather a child be taken care of, so I won’t try to have a kid just to feed some need to carry on my name (however odd it may be).
- As for marriage, I have been engaged twice and both times it has failed. And yes, I realize the constant in both of those would be me. It had a lot to do with my age (first one was 19, next one was 20) and the fact that honestly I wasn’t ready to get married but didn’t realize it, but I think it’s almost impossible and highly unlikely that you’re going to love someone forever. In the chance that you do, great. Good for you. I’m not even saying that you don’t and that I don’t believe you. I just know myself better than that and don’t like making promises that I can’t keep. I will not promise someone that I’m going to love them years later if I think there is even a .01% chance that I might not. Knowing myself and how often I change my mind and how impulsive I can be, I won’t do it. Maybe someday when I’m older, have a steady career and a house + car, I’ll think about sharing my life with someone on a piece of paper. But honestly, if you do love someone then a piece of paper should never matter or define your relationship, and I will probably always think that. If I get married, great. If I don’t, then I’ll always look like a spinster and die alone and whatever. I’ve come to terms with it.
Are you gay/bi/straight?
- One of my favorite quotes; ”I have a dick and it gets hard then that’s good. I walk down the street and if I see a girl and my dick gets hard that’s good and if I see a boy that’s good too and same with seeing a chicken. If my dick gets hard and I want to fuck it then that’s good. People like to attach labels to themselves, straight, gay, S&M, it’s just so simple. It doesn’t matter what you do whether its horrible or mainstream or boring, you know what turns you on. So why the big brouhaha?” - Jimmy Urine (Mindless Self Indulgence) [if you’re thinking that I didn’t actually answer the question right now than you missed the point of the quote]
What kind of camera do you use?
- I am a Canon girl, through and through. From the start of my blog until now there are probably four or five different cameras that have been used for the pics on my site, but I have a Canon T1i with a 17-85mm lens (other lenses, as well, but none that I really use that often). Usually my pics link to my flickr where you can see the stats such as what camera was used, when it was taken, etc.
Are you a professional photographer?
- Short answer: no, it is not my full time profession. Longer answer: I have used money from my photographs to pay bills/buy camera gear. I will probably never have photography be my full time career because I am worried that I would grow a hatred for it if I felt I had to do it, but I do enjoy it very much and do get paid for it (and quite handsomely, when I do agree to do it). I hate calling myself a photographer because most everyone does who has an slr now, but I will say that I take pictures, both on a professional level and just for fun. I have been paid for my work and have been flown out specifically to take pictures for people. I have taken photos for big name bands and small time weddings. I do not, however, consider myself an expert in the matter and am learning new things every day.
Are you Mormon since you live in Utah?
- For those that haven’t ever read a word of what I write and haven’t figured this out, no. I am not a mormon and never have been. As far as religion goes I have had my fair share of interesting stories (I will post them and eventually link them here sometime) but no, I am not any sort of religion. As far as god is concerned I don’t bother questioning it or thinking about it anymore because there is no solid proof to either argument (queue the angry mobs of scientologists, athiests and christians) so I just don’t think about it anymore. When good stuff happens I don’t thank god, I am just grateful. I will probably never put anything good or bad into any particular person’s hands other than mine. I have a belief that I am almost (if not entirely) in control of my life and all that happens. I am a believer in karma, and if bad things happen to me I immediately wonder what I did to the universe to have it happen. I am trying to make my life better one day at a time and taking very small steps in that direction as often as I can.
Why are you sick all the time?
- This is one of those things that I will probably never fully get into. You can blame it on depression if you want, but I’d like to think that I’m kind of over that. Let’s just say that I have inherited a lot of bad blood/cell traits from my family and luckily I just don’t dwell on it. Chances are that if you have read my blog at all, at least once every couple of months or so, I am sick. I had a good run there, and now am sick again but working on getting better. I try to eat as healthily as I can (also doing my best to take steps in the right directions) and am in relatively good mental health, so when I get sick I try to take it in stride. Colds that people get for a few days usually last a few weeks for me, and I get miserable and complain about it, but all in all, I’m still alive, so I can be grateful for that.
How are you so skinny?
- If you saw me in person you would probably ask this more than you already do. I am 5’6” and approx 115-130 lbs (I fluctuate). That is very average for my height, but I hold my weight well. I have my bad spots on my body just like every girl does (legs for me) but I could be worse. I don’t do much working out (heh, the gym is two blocks away and I can hardly drag myself there) but I don’t have a car so I walk a lot, and I’d like to think that it keeps me and my heart in good condition. I can eat a lot but since I seem to have the metabolism of a hummingbird I almost never gain weight. If I do, I start eating healthier to lose it again. I never want to be below 115, as I think that starts to droop into the unhealthy side of things for girls my height, but that’s just me. Also, it’s because I’m sick all the time. ;)
What kind of cat is Ewok?
- According to Ewok’s birth certificate (yes, I have an official cat birth certificate) she is a Munchkin/Ragdoll mix. Looking at her I know that there is some Himalayan in her family (you can tell by the ear/face coloring). She is a full grown adult cat and weighs less than a pound. She is not malnourished (she’s actually got a bit of a belly), she’s just normal for her breed. I do love my cat very much and post pictures/videos of her often.
Why don’t you take pictures of your other cat?
- Mo is a female calico and although I love her dearly, she does not have as much of a personality as Ewok and is not a camera ham like she is. She is the most normal cat I’ve ever had (I’ve managed to have some rare breeds/”special” kitties) and normal for her is running into a wall repeatedly. She was not an abused kitty and I’ve had her since she was a kitten. She came from a 9 kitty family and her mom had a broken tail so she was born with one too. It’s been that way since I’ve had her and doesn’t seem to bother her at all, it’s that way forever. I do take some pictures of her, but not very often.